I found these in my local Wholefoods Market and couldn't resist trying them out because I LOVE kale chips. I know that they are easy to make, but it is also great to have a good off-the-shelf option.
There are four flavours available:
- Thai Chilli
- Indian Spice
- Double Pepper
- Original Cheezy (this was the one I tried)
WHAT DO I LIKE ABOUT THEM?
- Free from: Gluten, dairy & soya
- Ingredients: each flavour contains a short list of just a few 'real food' ingredients i.e. things you would recognise and be able to pronounce
- Dehydrated not cooked, which helps to retain more of the nutrients
- Contains a decent level of protein
- 100% Organic
- Vegetarian and vegan friendly
WHAT DON'T I LIKE ABOUT THEM?
Honestly - nothing as far as the product is concerned. Although the price is a little steep at £2.50 per bag!
WOULD I RECOMMEND THEM TO PEOPLE I SEE IN MY CLINIC?
YES - as an alternative to a standard bag of crisps these are a great option. Get all the nutritional benefits of kale (vitamin K, vitamin A, iron, antioxidants, calcium, to name a few) in a delicious crunchy crisp.
WOULD I EAT THEM MYSELF?
DEFINITELY - if I wanted a savoury crunchy snack then this is just the type of product I would go for. In the interests of thoroughly testing the product I have to admit I managed to eat the whole bag. Although half a bag is probably a better option. I personally loved that fact that they don't use garlic or onion flavourings as these are personal hates.
.....warning check your teeth after you have eaten them as green kale between your teeth is never a good look as I found out!